Version V6.5 of the Swiss food composition database contains the following new features:
– Vitamin E now indicates solely the alpha-tocopherol content. It no longer takes into account the vitamin activity of other tocopherols or tocotrienols. This modification is because the new Swiss reference nutritional values refer to recommendations for vitamin E in the form of alpha-tocopherol, bearing in mind that it is the sole form of physiologically active vitamin E.
– New analytical results for vitamins and mineral salts in tofu. The analyses of mineral salts come from the laboratory of the Federal Food Safety and Veterinary Office FSVO, and the analyses of vitamins were sub-contracted to an independent laboratory.
– New analytical results for mineral salts in fish in Swiss lakes, and in vegetables and potatoes, come from the FSVO laboratory.
– New foods in the categories and sub-categories “meat substitutes” and “milk substitutes”
– Updated values for some vegetables and for mineral waters.
The version was corrected on 17.03.2023 (Correction: nutrient “Zinc”, food 13420 “Beer, non-alcoholic”)